BY CLICKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON, OR CHECKING THE APPROPRIATE BOX, OR SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, OR USING OR CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICES (THE “CONFIRMATION”), THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (I) ITS USE OR PROVISION OF THE SERVICES DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS APPLICABLE, WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, AND (II)THE PERSON ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT IS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND HAS THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
2) LAWFUL, PERMITTED USE. You agree that You will not misuse our Services. More specifically, at any time conduct your business in any manner that directly or indirectly offers, sells, leases, licenses or displays, delivers, advertises, recommends, or promotes any product(s), service(s), data, information, image(s), text and/or any content which:
a) is unlawful or violates any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, statute, ordinance, or regulation including, without limitation, Credit Card Association rules, consumer protection law, Internet tobacco sales, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising;
b) is associated with any form of adult, sexually oriented, or obscene materials or services, including without limitation, any material clearly designed to sexually arouse the viewer/reader (e.g., books, text, photos, videos, X-rated movies, pornographic materials, etc.), any materials which require individuals to be eighteen (18) or older to view or purchase those materials, escort services, and adult websites;
c) infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying and posting of trademarks, pictures, logos, software, articles, musical works and videos;
d) is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, slanderous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortuous, or otherwise violate Company’s rules or policies;
e) victimizes harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
f) impersonates any person or entity;
g) contains harmful content, including, without limitation, software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, spy-ware, or any other files, software programs, or technology that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate the Services or any system, program, data or personal information or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
h) violates any U.S. export or import laws, including, without limitation, the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations maintained by the Department of Commerce;
i) offers or disseminates fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (i.e., make money fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes) or engage in any unfair deceptive act or practice;
j) is associated with any form of gambling or lottery type services not affiliated with a state-run lottery service;
k) is associated with illegal telecommunications or cable television equipment;
l) is associated with the sale of (a) any controlled drug that requires a prescription from a licensed practitioner unless you are authorized by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy to offer such products as a Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Site and only if such a prescription has been issued by the practitioner after a bona fide examination of the patient; or (b) any over-the-counter drug, unless the sale of such product, without a prescription, has been approved by the Food & Drug Administration; or (c) nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval; or (d) any drug or controlled substance that Company believes to be or may become harmful, unlawful, or prohibited. Company requires sellers of prescription drugs to abide by all laws applicable to both the buyer and seller and we may require you to provide evidence of compliance with these requirements. In addition, due to the complexities of current laws regulating the importation of controlled drugs into the United States, you may not use the Services to sell prescription drugs that are imported into the United States from an international location. The foregoing list is a non-exhaustive list of prohibited goods and services.
m) is associated with electronic cigarettes (i.e., “e-cigarettes”) or any similar product; or
n) is associated with the sale of firearms.
The foregoing list is a non-exhaustive list of prohibited goods and services.
3) INTERNET ABUSE. You are prohibited from engaging in any form of Internet abuse, including but not limited to: (a) distributing, publishing, or sending any kind of unsolicited or unwelcome email to any number of network users (commonly referred to as “junk mail” or “spam”), including, without limitation, mass promotions, unauthorized or unsolicited commercial advertising, and informational announcements, anywhere on the Internet; (b) posting a single article or substantially similar articles to an excessive number of newsgroups or mailing lists; (c) repeated or deliberate posting of articles that are off-topic according to the charter of the newsgroup or mail list where such articles are posted; (d) posting commercial advertising in a conference or newsgroup, unless it is specifically permitted to be posted within that group; or (e) violating the CAN-SPAM Act.
4) ENFORCEMENT. Company reserves the right and has absolute discretion to enforce the Terms. Company may, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate or suspend: (i) the Services; (ii) a Service Agreement; and/or (iii) access to this Site, if it determines that your services, offerings or activities violate the Terms. Without limitation, Company also reserves the right to report any activity (including the disclosure of appropriate data or merchant information) that it suspects may violate any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Company also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies to assist in the investigation and prosecution of any illegal conduct. If you want to report any violations of these guidelines, please contact email@example.com.
5) MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE. Company reserves the right to amend the Terms and modify or discontinue all or part of the Site, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice, and is not obligated to support or update the Site. The amended Terms shall automatically become effective immediately after they are initially posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of the amended Terms on the Site constitutes your affirmative: (a) acknowledgment of the Terms and its modifications; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by the Terms, as amended. Should you object to any modifications of the Terms, your only recourse is to immediately: (a) terminate use of the Site and/or Services; and (b) notify Company of termination.
6) LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES ARE NOT ENDORSEMENTS. The Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for the contents or policies of any linked site. Company provides these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site by Company. Links to merchants or advertisers are owned and operated by independent retailers or service providers, and therefore, Company cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with their products, services or practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any of these third parties.
7) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. The Site is proprietary to Company. All the text, images, marks, logos and other content of the Site (“Site Content”) is proprietary to Company or to third parties from whom Company has obtained permission. Company authorizes you to view, download, and print the Site Content provided that: (i) you may only do so for your own personal and non-commercial use; (ii) you may not copy, publish or redistribute any Site Content; (iii) you may not modify Site Content; (iv) you may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in the Site Content by Company. Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content, or any portion of the Site Content, is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Company. To request permission you may contact Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. You represent and warrant that your use of Site Content will be consistent with this license and will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties.
8) TREATMENT OF USER-CREATED CONTENT & DATA. If you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services or through a Marketplace that Company provides Services for, you give Company (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services. Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service.
9) WARRANTY. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER COMPANY, NOR ITS PARENT CORPORATION, REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, ENTIRELY ERROR-FREE OR VIRUS FREE NOR DOES COMPANY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE COMPUTER NETWORK-BASED SERVICES, WHICH MAY BE SUBJECT TO OUTAGES, INTERRUPTIONS, ATTACKS BY THIRD PARTIES AND DELAY OCCURRENCES. IN SUCH AN EVENT AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS HEREOF, COMPANY SHALL USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO REMEDY MATERIAL INTERRUPTIONS AND WILL PROVIDE ADJUSTMENTS, REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS, WITHIN ITS CAPACITY, THAT ARE NECESSARY TO ENABLE THE SITE TO PERFORM THEIR INTENDED FUNCTIONS IN A REASONABLE MANNER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT SUCH EFFORTS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. IF COMPANY’S EFFORTS ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL, YOU MAY TERMINATE THE APPLICABLE SERVICE AGREEMENT AND CEASE USING THE SITE. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND COMPANY’S SOLE LIABILITY, IN THE EVENT OF INTERRUPTION, OUTAGE OR OTHER DELAY OCCURRENCES OF THE SITE. YOU WAIVE AND COVENANT NOT TO ASSERT ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS OF ANY NATURE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CLAIMS AND ALLEGATIONS RELATING TO THE ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, THE ALLEGED INACCURACY OF CONTENT, OR ALLEGATIONS THAT COMPANY HAS OR SHOULD INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, OR HOLD YOU HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR ALLEGATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE, REPUBLICATION OR OTHER EXPLOITATION OF THE SITE. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER COMPANY NOR THE PARTIES WHO PROVIDE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS FOR PUBLICATION WITHIN THE SITE WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ITS COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF SERVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, OPERATION OF LAW, USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ENTIRELY ERROR-FREE.
10) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY OR LOSS ASSOCIATED WITH UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ANY SERVER, MERCHANT INTERFACES, WEBSITES, FACILITIES, OR YOUR DATA OR YOUR CUSTOMER DATA (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD NUMBERS AND OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION) DUE TO ACCIDENT, ILLEGAL OR FRAUDULENT MEANS, INCLUDING HACKING, OR DEVICES USED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND COMPANY’S REASONABLE CONTROL.YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS ARISING FROM INFILTRATION OF THE SITE BY MEANS OF SOFTWARE VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, TIME BOMBS, OR ANY OTHER SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, OR TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO DISRUPT, DAMAGE, INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE DATA FROM THE SITE. AS A CONDITION OF USE OF THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER COMPANY, NOR ANY OFFICER, AFFILIATE, DIRECTOR, SHAREHOLDER, AGENT, CONTRACTOR OR EMPLOYEE OF COMPANY WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF EARNINGS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, OR COSTS RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM, OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE, AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, WHICH, BUT FOR THIS PROVISION, WOULD GIVE RISE TO A COURSE OF ACTION IN CONTRACT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL DOCTRINE.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE LIMITED, COMPANY’S LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF COMPANY’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) THE AMOUNT YOU PAY US IN THE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (B) $100.
11) INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, contractors and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, made by any third party due to, arising from or out of: (a) your use of the Site; (b) your breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or other obligation; (c) your violation or alleged violation of any federal, state, international or local law and any and all regulations, rules or ordinances; (d) the negligence or willful misconduct by you or your employees or agents; (e) any violation of the Terms; (f) your infringement of any intellectual property or other legal right of any person or entity; or (g) your advertising, marketing, promotion, sale, or distribution of any products or services. In the event you cause fines and/or penalties to be charged to Company by the Credit Card Associations or any other entity, you agree to reimburse Company immediately for said fines and/or penalties.
12) ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
13) SERVICES OFFERED BY COMPANY. When you enroll to obtain a Service from Company, you accept the specific terms and conditions applicable to that Service in accordance with the applicable Service Agreement. Except as provided in the Service Agreement, Company does not warrant that any service description or content contained in this Site is accurate, current, reliable, complete, or error-free.
14) TERMINATION & EFFECT. Company may terminate access to the Site, with or without cause, at any time, and effective immediately. Termination shall be accompanied by a written or electronic notice to you. Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination. Should you object to any provision of the Terms or any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is immediately to: (a) terminate use of the Site; and (b) notify Company of termination. Upon termination of access to the Site, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease.
16) SUCCESSOR TRANSFERS. In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other transfer of ownership of the Site or its affiliates (such as a reseller of Company’s Services), your personal data may be made available to any legal successors of the Site or its affiliates.
17) GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION. The Site is accessible in all fifty states and other countries, and each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Michigan and from each other. As you and Company both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use the Site, by publishing, accessing, and/or using this Site, you and Company agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of this Site will be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You agree that all claims it may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of this Site will be heard and resolved in the courts of Michigan. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over it, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objections to proceeding in such courts.
18) TRADEMARKS. All company and product names referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. This list may be modified from time-to-time in Company’s discretion. You shall not register or attempt to register any of Company’s marks or trademarks that would reasonably be deemed to be confusingly similar to any of Company’s marks or trademarks. You shall comply with all standards with respect to Company’s marks and all uses of the marks shall be consistent with Company standards.
19) FORCE MAJEURE. Company shall not be liable for any losses arising out of the delay or interruption of its performance of obligations due to any acts of God, acts of civil or military authorities, civil disturbances, wars, strikes or other labor disputes, fires, transportation contingencies, interruptions in telecommunications, utility, Internet services or network provider services, acts or omissions by a third party, infiltration or disruption of the Services by a third party, or other catastrophes or occurrences that are beyond Company’s reasonable control.
20) GENERAL. In the event that any provision of the Terms shall, in whole or in part, be determined to be invalid, unenforceable or void for any reason, such determination shall affect only the portion of such provision determined to be invalid, unenforceable or void, and shall not affect in any way the remainder of such provision or any other provision of the Terms. Company’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. In the event of a conflict between the Terms and the applicable Service Agreement, the latter shall govern.
Updated: July 8, 2016